Part One of The Raven Cycle Fancast;
- Tina Tamashiro as Blue Sargent
- Matt Hitt as Noah Czerny
Once upon a time, there was a girl who talked to the moon.
Chefchaouen, a small town in northern Morocco, has a rich history, beautiful natural surroundings and wonderful architecture, but what it’s most famous for are the striking and vivid blue walls of many of the buildings in its “old town” sector, or medina.
The maze-like medina sector, like those of most of the other towns in the area, features white-washed buildings with a fusion of Spanish and Moorish architecture. The brilliantly blue walls, however, seem to be unique to Chefchaouen. They are said to have been introduced to the town by Jewish refugees in 1930, who considered blue to symbolize the sky and heaven. The color caught on, and now many also believe that the blue walls serve to repel mosquitoes as well (mosquitoes dislike clear and moving water).
Whatever the reason, the town’s blue walls attract visitors who love to wander the town’s narrow streets and snap some beautiful photos.
There are no others like us. And there never will be.
Epigraphs from Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events as tweets
“I had spared the stag’s life. The power of that life belonged to me as surely as it belonged to the man who had taken it.”
- Coca Cola, Pepsi , Sprite, Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper?
- Cats, dogs, horses, lizards or hamsters?
- TV, cinema, computer, iPod or gaming console?
- Rock, rap, pop, metal or punk?
- Black, white, blue, red or green?
- Salad, hamburger, ice cream, chips or fruit?
- Kindergarten, elementary, junior high, high school or college?
- United States, Canada, Australia, France or England?
- Swimming, fishing, tanning, theme parks or camping?
- Snowball fights, snowmen, snow angels, sledding or ice skating?
- English, math, science, history or art?
- Gummy worms, lollipops, gum, chocolate bars or cotton candy?
- Xbox 360, Gamecube, Playstation, Nintendo Wii or Handheld?
- Facebook, WordPress, Tumblr, YouTube or Google?
- Flats, heels, uggs, flip flops or skater shoes?
- Early morning, noon, early afternoon, late afternoon or evening?
- Bathroom, living room, bedroom, kitchen or attic?
- Face-to-face, home phone, cell phone, instant messenger or twitter?
- Skinny jeans, flared jeans, capris, shorts or skirts?
- T-shirt, hoodies, tank top, tube top or halter top?
- McDonald’s, Wendy’s, KFC, Burger King or Dairy Queen?
- Car, airplane, train, boat or walking?
- Coffee, tea, water, milk or soda?
You’re gonna make enemies. People will get hurt. Sometimes the people closest to you.
Oh, help, she thought. Help, help, help.
aries: drunk edgy retro adventurer
taurus: electric pixie retro zombie
gemini: 70’s lolita wannabe witch
cancer: plain goth circa hipster
leo: dirty dubstep bi punk
virgo: apocalyptic steampunk winter disaster
libra: 40’s fantasy stoner ghoul
scorpio: vintage vodka surrealist royalty
sagittarius: magical destructive retrofuturist superhero
capricorn: decadent anarchist sick revolutionary
aquarius: post-apocalyptic anarchist teen monstrosity
pisces: 90’s grunge sick geek